Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, A pigeon had laid two eggs behind the air conditioner's outside fan unit. They hatched 6-7 days back! Unfortunately one of them died so there was a foul stench so my father tried to pick up the dead baby pigeon and at that time the pigeon flew away and it hasn't returned since the past day and half. What should I do about the baby pigeon?
I stay in Mumbai,India and it's 22-24 degree celsius/75 degree fahrenheit.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
I don't think it has been abandoned. Baby pigeons are looked after by both parents They stop brooding their babies continuously when they are around 8 days old and only return to the nest twice a day to feed the baby. Is the baby fully feathered? Does it look bright eyed and alert? If so it is most probably being looked after.

If the baby is looking dull and dehydrated and not pooping you will have to hand feed it Cerelac (without milk solids) mixed into a smooth wet paste using warm water, by one of the methods described here: http://www.pigeonrescue.co.uk/howtofeed.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.