Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hand Raised Babys Are 16 Days Old, I Have Been Crop Feeding Them For The Past Week After The Mom And Dad Left, I Had Some Millet Seed In The Box For Them To Get Used To, But While I Was At Work Today They Ate It All And The Crops Felt Like Har Little Balls, I Shot Some Warm Water In There Crop And Rubbed It To Loosen It Up, They Seem Fine But Are They To Young For Grain Yet? And Should The Grain Pass Ok, Or Should I Try To Empty There Crops?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Are they pooping?

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
You did right by getting some water into them and massaging the crop a bit. Things should loosen up and pass through just fine BUT keep a careful eye on things. I see this happen all the time with babies .. when they discover seeds on their own .. ya better look out because they will be full as little ticks!

Terry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Im getting back so late but I went to bed little while after the post, but the birds are pooping, and I have given them some kaytee formula and mixing it watery till everything passes , they seem to be doing ok now and there crops are loosening up pretty good. I took the seed away from them for now, everything is looking good, just a little scare. Thanx for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts