Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so firstly hi everyone i am new and just joined, i have some pet pigeons, and and orphaned one only i need a little help as i have no idea on what to do... i live in Spain and can't seem to find a substitue feed for this little one so i have bought baby food for it the cereal kind and feeding it by the balloon method i have seen around, only i am wanting to know is this enough for the little guy/gal how often should i be feeding and there seems to be air in it's crop!! but like i said i have no idea my pigeons normally look after there babies really well i can't understand why this one has been left... anyway i think i am in need of help if you need pics then i can take some.

thanks rociena

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Hi Rociena,

This link should provide all you need to know about feeding a baby pigeons, how much, how often and what consistency depends on how old the baby is...that link will tell you how to find out its age. It needs to me mixed with warm water, not milk...

Clara Correa, who has the Pajaros Caidos blogspot uses cereal (Nestum) to feed her rescues, she mixes it with egg yolk and soaked puppy biscuits. The link should take you to her method, her e-mail address is also on her blogspot.

A photo would be great!

What part of Spain are you in? You could contact lapalomatriste +34617702269 (Myriam is a member here)

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Air in the crop can sometimes be indicate that the food/formula may be to thick and the little guy is swallowing air, trying to get the formula, as well as the formula itself. Here is a post with a good amount of information on feeding baby pigeons, all the way up until weaning, that may be useful for you.

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f6/rescued-feral-help-please-48513.html#post522672

Good luck,

Karyn

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Sometimes a ruptured air sac can look like air in the crop. Is the skin stretched and shiny like a balloon? This thread should help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts