Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take for a baby bird to be weaned because i built a new loft and i don't want to move my birds until i know for sure if the baby is weaned

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
How long does it take for a baby bird to be weaned because i built a new loft and i don't want to move my birds until i know for sure if the baby is weaned
Normally, we don't pull a baby from it's parents until they are AT LEAST 28 days old. Is the baby (or babies) eating on their own?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i move both baby and parents to the new loft will the parents know that it is there baby. the baby is 27 days old and it has signs of trying to eat on its own it picks at the food but doesn't have the grasp yet of eating.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
if i move both baby and parents to the new loft will the parents know that it is there baby. the baby is 27 days old and it has signs of trying to eat on its own it picks at the food but doesn't have the grasp yet of eating.
Will these be the only birds in the new loft? If so, then you can probably move them. I moved a pair with their babies just this past year from one section of the loft to a different section. However, the parents USED to be in the section I moved them to, so it's not like it was TOTALLY new to them. In any case, the babies were about 2 weeks old and the parents finished raising them just fine.
If you have food where the babies can get to it, they should easily be eating on their own by now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts