Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked last night and just two eggs. I checked this morning and I have one baby and two eggs now. If everything goes the way it has in the past day after tomorrow there will be another egg in there. Now just how is this going to work:confused: I'm totally :confused:now. Just when you think your getting a handel on things another curve pops up in your path.:eek:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I checked last night and just two eggs. I checked this morning and I have one baby and two eggs now. If everything goes the way it has in the past day after tomorrow there will be another egg in there. Now just how is this going to work:confused: I'm totally :confused:now. Just when you think your getting a handel on things another curve pops up in your path.:eek:
What do you mean........:confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The way I see it there going to be taking care of two babies and setting on two eggs and the same time. I thought after the two babies were about four or so weeks old, then they would start the second round.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The way I see it there going to be taking care of two babies and setting on two eggs and the same time. I thought after the two babies were about four or so weeks old, then they would start the second round.
Got ya..........:)

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
well that is interesting and I haven't heard of such a situation, hope some of our senior members can throw light into it.

Just make sure that the baby is getting fed and has full crop, still sitting on the eggs means less time to eat even with the babies around so it would be a good idea that food and water is available round the clock.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
The second set of eggs are usually laid when the babies are about 3 weeks of age. Do you have another couple that may have actually laid the second or first set, or a single hen that could have snuck in the second set?

When pigeons are brooding eggs they are not mating anymore, they have one purpose and that is to hatch those eggs.

I would remove the second set of eggs.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have three more pair in there that hasn’t laid eggs yet. I will have to wait till the other egg hatches to see which one to take out. I hope one dose hatch so I know. I have one pair that the first egg hatched two days ago and the second egg hasn't hatched yet. The two pair laid within two days of one another.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Face full of egg

Well I have egg all over my face, can you see it dripping:rolleyes:. I got home and check on things in the loft and I find another baby in the nest and four half eggs. I must have seen the one egg and the half that made it look like another full egg:eek:.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Stuff happens--yea you got egg on your face--usually you find the other half outside the nest somewhere but no you find them all in the nest---your pigeons are going to be just beautiful and I bet winners as well..c.hert

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Well I have egg all over my face, can you see it dripping:rolleyes:. I got home and check on things in the loft and I find another baby in the nest and four half eggs. I must have seen the one egg and the half that made it look like another full egg:eek:.
:) Good luck, now the babies are going to grow fast :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts