Pigeon-Talk banner

341 - 348 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Xena has finally stopped gagging and vomiting, I think it’s a combination of the things I implemented which reduced the gagging and vomiting to almost never (flushing the esophagus with water before and after formula, room temp formula not warm and 10ml only at a time) and then since she’s been on the new medication it’s stopped 100%!
Her leg is sadly very strangely positioned and swollen, she had an X-ray and it’s not broken, so I’m just keeping it bandaged and hoping time will help her!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Please no one reply or click the link just posted! It might be hacking link or spam. @admin1 @John_D I’m not sure who’s the moderator but this needs to be deleted as does the persons post with the same name as this thread

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Well, Xena is making progress! Her leg is less swollen (although it’s still rather swollen none the less)... it’s still very strangely positioned but it’s not bleeding at all anymore. I’ve managed to bandage the “thumb” back to the natural position, and I think the toes are regaining some movement, let’s see!
As for her gagging/vomiting- I think it’s been at least 5 days or maybe more that she hasn’t gagged or vomited at all! Hoorah! And today, I managed to feed her without the water before and after. These are pretty big milestones! I’m gonna give her a week or so to make sure she’s stable, and plan to give her soft solids next week (peas, formula balls etc) and see how it goes!
she’s obviously being a sweetheart, besides her foot and feeding.... I’ve noticed she’s losing some bulk on her face on the side she’s blind (if I look at her straight on, that side is noticeably slimmer).. but she seems to be coping without the use of both eyes!

just in love with my little pal! 🥰

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, Xena is making progress! Her leg is less swollen (although it’s still rather swollen none the less)... it’s still very strangely positioned but it’s not bleeding at all anymore. I’ve managed to bandage the “thumb” back to the natural position, and I think the toes are regaining some movement, let’s see!
As for her gagging/vomiting- I think it’s been at least 5 days or maybe more that she hasn’t gagged or vomited at all! Hoorah! And today, I managed to feed her without the water before and after. These are pretty big milestones! I’m gonna give her a week or so to make sure she’s stable, and plan to give her soft solids next week (peas, formula balls etc) and see how it goes!
she’s obviously being a sweetheart, besides her foot and feeding.... I’ve noticed she’s losing some bulk on her face on the side she’s blind (if I look at her straight on, that side is noticeably slimmer).. but she seems to be coping without the use of both eyes!

just in love with my little pal! 🥰
Awww sweet little darling sooo happy she's making progress xoxo

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
Awww sweet little darling sooo happy she's making progress xoxo
I’m hoping that her swelling goes down and her leg goes back to the natural position but I see pigeons with much worse issues on legs and feet so I think worst case, she’ll be fine with a wonky ankle!
we saw Cher on our morning walk today, she’a fully integrated with the flock now! 🥰

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #347

Update on Xena - she’s doing great! The leg is no longer swollen, though the foot is absolutely misshapen and there is no grip in her toes at all. I’m off to the vets next week to do another X-ray and talk about possible surgery to correct the leg, if needed. Fingers crossed!
As for everything else? She’s just being adorable of course! Last night she woke us up, randomly in the night with a giant pigeon coo! 😂 she looked at us and then went back to sleep, as per picture! She’s quite the character!

·
Registered
68 Posts
View attachment 96866
Update on Xena - she’s doing great! The leg is no longer swollen, though the foot is absolutely misshapen and there is no grip in her toes at all. I’m off to the vets next week to do another X-ray and talk about possible surgery to correct the leg, if needed. Fingers crossed!
As for everything else? She’s just being adorable of course! Last night she woke us up, randomly in the night with a giant pigeon coo! 😂 she looked at us and then went back to sleep, as per picture! She’s quite the character!
I'm sooo happy for her I was wondering about her recently sooo happy she's doing amazing xoxo

341 - 348 of 348 Posts