Pigeon-Talk banner

361 - 366 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
I take back that previous message (which I typed earlier but hadn’t posted)..... would you believe she was just panting a little bit (it’s hot in here) and I offered her water, tipped her head towards it and she dunked and gulped!!! A good 3 seconds or so of drinking alone! For the first time in 5 months!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I'm very glad to hear that yesterday she drank alone, Joy! That's a good sign 😊!

Yes, I really think that she uses to sit next to the cup of water because she loves taking "virtual" baths! Pigeons love sooo much bathing so that's a good sign too.

I'm glad to hear that you liked my pics!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #363

Some recent pics of Xena, she loves this little kitten house, I think it’s easier for her to perch on because it’s so soft! Her leg is still much the same, it’s for sure fused at the wrong angle but she seems to get around with it. She mainly perches and preens or sleeps, she likes playing with seeds and she attempts to fly a few times a day, almost always crash landing into a wall or mirror. She doesn’t fly very fast so hasn’t hurt herself yet, and hope that continues. She doesn’t really eat or drink alone - she’s had water several times but never any seeds or veg. She will tolerate me feeding them to her though, so I’ll continue. She is a rather territorial girl these days, lots of pecks and wingslaps if my hands get near her. She doesn’t mind my face though! (If I lean in with my fave she is fine). She loves checking out herself in the mirror too, which is adorable!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Sweet Xena is living like a little princess! She deserves this after all she has been through.
I suppose its an unexpected benefit of the last years restrictions? I’ve had so much time to dedicate to her getting better!! She is such a little angel! As she’s getting older and more pigeon-like I’m enjoying the transformation!! She stays with me and the dogs all the time, never alone for longer than a few hours at the most when i go to the shops for example. It’s quite sweet that at nighttime i put her blanket over the cage and she seems to have learnt that it means bedtime and she takes herself to the corner of her cage that she sleeps in, and she nestles up and shuts her eyes! I’m constantly amazed how clever she is!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I suppose its an unexpected benefit of the last years restrictions? I’ve had so much time to dedicate to her getting better!! She is such a little angel! As she’s getting older and more pigeon-like I’m enjoying the transformation!! She stays with me and the dogs all the time, never alone for longer than a few hours at the most when i go to the shops for example. It’s quite sweet that at nighttime i put her blanket over the cage and she seems to have learnt that it means bedtime and she takes herself to the corner of her cage that she sleeps in, and she nestles up and shuts her eyes! I’m constantly amazed how clever she is!
My older pigeon Cheep-Cheep did that sleep routine too in fact if he was on the main level of the house with us someone would say "Cheep-Cheep go to your bed" and with a watchful eye of someone he would hop down each step to the basement where his set up was. Xena is soooo sweet

361 - 366 of 366 Posts