Pigeon-Talk banner

381 - 386 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·

I got these awesome cat window perches online, and now Xena sits by the window all day, preening and enjoying herself!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·

More than 8 months... starting to think she’s not a she! I should get her sexed really but finding a lab here that will sex a woodie is hard!

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
What is her/his behaviour in front of a mirror? A male will often act aggressive towards his own image, a female won't. Although one can't rely on this. Has she got a nest?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 ·
What is her/his behaviour in front of a mirror? A male will often act aggressive towards his own image, a female won't. Although one can't rely on this. Has she got a nest?
she isn’t interested in building a nest - she just has her cat window bed perches and sometimes she’ll snuggle with us .... she lays down a lot because of her wonky leg. She doesn’t attack the mirror, and doesn’t make pigeon noises, last time we heard her make the cooo coo coo co co noise was january! (A total of 4 times I think in December and January)... i think she thinks she’s a dog! At night she snuggles with her lion, but prefers to be on her brick than in the nest she has at the back of the cage, sometimes she will go back there when she wakes up?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·

This is the spot she lives in her cage at night (with her lion)

If the dogs sleep on the couch in the day she likes to be with them on her pillow and towel...

This is her window perch, when she’s tired (and wants to drop her wings) she will snuggle in the middle like this, but she typically perches on the edge.

This is a little rolling trolly, she sometimes snuggles in the corner of it. (Kinda like a nest?)

And her final spot to rest is on me. Usually first thing in the morning or late at night. She’ll nap like this for an hour or Two.
So the answer really is she doesn’t have a nest..... not a consistent one anyways.

381 - 386 of 386 Posts