Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Grateful to this pigeon community
I have a little baby, just getting her feathers... about 10-14 days old.
Her leg is splayed - straight out to the side, and slightly at an angle UP towards her wing, with her toes getting stuck in her wing feathers.

I have never had a baby with this problem. I have also never had to hand feed a baby. Always left this up to their moma and papa.

Now, people say to tie the leg.... it seems so soft to tie it... you know just baby bones.

After reading all this I will go and get calcium now... and put in water. But making sure mom and dad bird are feeding her this? What should be my next steps in your opinion, Pigeon Family?

Thanks all!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you so much, but link didn't "link"

... I have found some advice from youtube... but we all know pigeon talk has the experts. I used a sponge, and made two holes, to keep this little ones "thigh bones" together, basically to realign the hips... but it pulls so hard towards the splay that I feel it is bringing the other hip out of alignment.

Also, at the "knee" it is puffy and swollen and dislocated on the splay leg, pointing directly away from the body and not better with the sponge on hips.

she is up inside my apartment, just brought her up last night as you can see from my previous text last night. feeding her peas... I am going to look around to see what is a better way to feed her... oh! feeling so bad for this little baby. all help is super appreciated.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Poor baby. If you are on your computer, then you can rightclick on the link and then "open link in new tab". Then it will work.

One of our members that has lots of experience, unfortunately hasn't been on here for a while now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts