Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we had bad one today. 189 sent 15 of mine and at 5 pm our whole club had 19 back I think. This is horriable and I only got 2 day birds. I am sick. I think our birds hit the michigan birds today cause the only people that had more than one bird were to the northwest of our course. Ace in the hole how was your races today? This was a very bad race for me cause even though I only lost 3 birds in the first 5 races I sent 15 of 20 and got 2. :( I now have 7 race birds total.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I did not send any birds today and have not talked to anyone from the club. I know up here we had a blue bird sky. A totally clear blue sky can be a very bad thing. Just hope you have a clear morning with no fog and you may get good returns tomorrow. Let us know how good tomorrow is to you and your birds.

Ace

·
Registered
628 Posts
Bad Weekend all across

Ohio, I know of 3 other races this weekend with HUGE losses so it wasnt just in your area. We were in a one loft race of 250 miles that only saw 11 birds return on the day. Our club/combine race on sunday had only 38 birds return on the day. I lost my first place winner bird from last week :( and am hoping she will return today. Those "Blue sky" days are especially hard on birds and I dont know why. How can some birds make it home but the majority not be able to fly on a Blue day?
Ken

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Oh man, sorry to hear about these losses. :( I've always heard about the blue bird sky too. I was told that it's because there's no clouds to break up the sun. What that has to do with anything, I don't know.........just what I was told once. I've found it to be true for the most part. Bad day to fly birds. If you think the liberator is going to say that the sky is too blue so they shouldn't release the birds..............well, think again. LOL
As far as why some can make it home and others can't........that's just the odds. There will always be a few that can make it through anything. Don't know why that is either. Don't know how you can figure out who will and who won't. Thing is, the weather man can predict sun, rain, snow, clouds........but they don't predict a day with NO clouds..........so those kind of days basically just are what they are and by the time we know it, it's too late.
I hope the majority of the birds come in. I believe they will.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohio, I know of 3 other races this weekend with HUGE losses so it wasnt just in your area. We were in a one loft race of 250 miles that only saw 11 birds return on the day. Our club/combine race on sunday had only 38 birds return on the day. I lost my first place winner bird from last week :( and am hoping she will return today. Those "Blue sky" days are especially hard on birds and I dont know why. How can some birds make it home but the majority not be able to fly on a Blue day?
Ken

It is really weird. I got one more back yesterday but that is only 3 total. All these birds were raced before and some of them alot. I had some birds in a the "month of sundays" race (I think that is what it is called they are KCL bands) out your way this weekend also. I have not heard anything about the race but I guess I did not do well. Wonder if that race was a smash? Did you have any birds out there?

·
Registered
628 Posts
race

No I didnt have any out there and have no contacts out there to talk to. Just cleaned the loft and checked the Unikon and still none home from yesterday. It is going to be hotter today than yesterday and I am not to optimistic on any returns today. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts