Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered some NPA bands for my OGO's once they hatch out more babies,how does the numbers on the bands,say that i own them,is there paper work that i have to fill out?:confused:

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
If they (the NPA) keeps records, they will have records of the series of band numbers you purchased, so IF your bird/s were to get lost the finder would call the NPA to trace the owner, which would be you.

You also need to keep a record of your band numbers and which birds you put them on. If you sell the birds also keep records of which band numbers and birds went to the buyer, and keep their phone number and adress in case those birds get lost. Those birds would be traced back to you, and then you would know who you sold them to and could contact them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
In addition to the numbered bands I put on my birds, I also put the personalized bands on them. My personalized bands have my name, city, state and e-mail address.
There are a lot of people who do not know how to trace a bands and will not take the time to do it. I figure it would be easier with the personalized band.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.