Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a pigeon sitting on the ground alone it let me pick it up and it had a band on each foot. One is just a plain white band. The other is a bigger white band with numbers on it. Both feet are swollen and limp she cant walk or stand up. She uses her wings like crutches. It seems as if the bands are two small for her. She is also missing a big patch of feathers on her belly. I got her to drink some water by dipping her beak in it but she hasn't eaten yet. She seems very tired and is sleeping now. What is wrong with her legs?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I believe I have found the owner via band number and email...
WTCM stands for World Trade Centre Memorial. pm me if you want the info, I will email him now and let him know his bird has been found....

Ok I called NY and got ahold of the club secretary and he will look up the band number and owner and get back to me and then me to you. Hang tight, keep the bird watered warm, and fed. If the bands are VERY tight, you may have to cut them off or at the very least give the bird anti inflammatory medicam to take swelling down or even ice them a bit by putting ice in a wet cloth and place on the legs for 5 min or so. Give some sugar water with a pinch of salt and offer this to the bird for energy. I believe via band and club it is a racer. So give the hydration solution warm and give it wild bird seed at the very least and if it does not eat on its own TODAY, get the frozen peas and corn thawed, warmed and pop one at a time into its mouth, give 20 of them in total 2 to 3 times a day till we hear back thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts