Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Up-Side Down either leg-if you are Left handed maybe the Right leg-keep checking it for a few days---be sure it did not come off.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ditto that. when you go to ship your birds, makes it a easy to read, to veriy the band number.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I am right handed and do the bird's right leg upside down. Just feels natural to me and always upside down to read at the club.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'm right handed so upside down right leg for racer's right side up for my white birds, my son is left handed and bands his upside down left leg! Also I don't band the babies until pin feathers are showing pretty good!:)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I grew up always putting the bands right side up on the left leg. Idk what it is but I just can't stand a band when it's upside down. It used to be where I'd see a bird in an auction that I liked that had an upside down band and wouldn't buy it. So I stopped looking at the bands. LoL But thats just me I'd rather be able to read the band right side up when the bird is sitting on it's pearch or on the landing board because that's when I learn the birds numbers and by the time the races come I know all thier numbers already.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts