Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, I'm new to pigeons; I only have two white homers (for now) that have been free flying for a few weeks now. The guy I bought them from doesnt band his birds unless he uses them in a wedding. In that case, he only bands them with plain colored bands to signify in what direction from home they were released. My birds are ~ 2 months old and I was wondering if there were anyway to band my birds without having to buy a lot of em as, like I said, I only have 2 birds? They are pretty tame and will land on anyone at my house that has some peanuts handy. Im worried they might do that to a stranger and I will never see my little buddies again :(

*I know some of the people on this site may disagree with me free flying tamed birds, but, understand that these birds are being trained to fly to my arm upon signal.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Bands

You can buy bands to put on older birds from just about anywhere that sells pigeon supplies, here is a link below where i bought some B-Bands from, they also sell other bands that will snap on to the birds leg that can be removed also if you should wish. This site has good variety and for me its cheap, i think i bought 50 B-bands for around $5 or $6, you can also pick the color you want. I do not know where to go to buy just 2 bands...sorry. Check it out and see what works best for you.

http://www.globalpigeon.com/

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Well, you won't be able to band them with seamless bands. But you can get some colored snap on bands to put on them. I believe at Foy's pigeon supplies, there is the option of having address stickers made to stick on the bands, so if they do get lost, someone will be able to contact you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
my racer has one but its grey and its ingraved with the old owners number so if i lose it he will get it back and i can pick it up from his house :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts