Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
so what is your question? if it is about her/his lack of good feathering then his diet needs to improve, perhaps more black oil sunflower seeds. and also treat for feather lice again, sometimes it has to be repeated. I like to use seven dust 5% and dust the bird watching his eyes and nose. it works and repeat every two weeks for 6 weeks IMO. I like the dust/powder because doves feathers are dry feathers not oily feathers also I think it is easier to get all over the bird and in the feathers and you can do a bit of massaging, with the spray it just makes a mess IMO even though I have heard it works if used correctly. you will have to handle the bird for these moments so your best bet is to do what you need to do and not worry about it. as far as the vet goes if your state is the same as mine the dove is a protected species and the vet would have to release the bird to the wild when ready or euthanize it, they don't want them kept as pets because they are wild birds. also one can get a heavy fine if they keep one without a license. a rehabber may be the way to go as they are licensed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts