·
Registered
941 Posts
From the Australian Pigeon Company---APC

Pigeon Products
Prices are shown in Australian Dollars.
$10.00 Australian dollars = Approx. $7.00 US dollars

Baycox Coccidiocide Solution
Baycox Coccidiocide Solution $40.00 = about 28.00 US DOLLARS!

Use: Coccidia
Dose: 1 ml/ 2 litres
Quantity: 125ml

·
Registered
941 Posts
Renee Foy's doesn't sell it anymore unless you want to pay 325.00 for it!

·
Registered
941 Posts
You could but it is over used, besides the person asked for this specific item :)

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knows were I can bye some Baycox for coccidia? Ed
This time of year it is dry and less cocidi. But wher you are it is higher humdity. Seigals will have someting for treatment and it is in your state. But sulmet works well for coccidi .and is easy to get local.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Overused?

You could but it is over used, besides the person asked for this specific item :)
By whom and for what? It seems that everyone here is in a big hurry to use Baytril which is known to cause liver damage when they could have used sulphas which are much easier on a pigeon or dove.

Bill

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This time of year it is dry and less cocidi. But wher you are it is higher humdity. Seigals will have someting for treatment and it is in your state. But sulmet works well for coccidi .and is easy to get local.
Yes, I have some sulmet but it just stuns the coccidia, baycox kills it, thanks for the help

·
Registered
941 Posts
Over used meaning it has been around forever and nothing wrong with that (A work horse product) but too much of the same thing is never good! The product mentioned is a relatively new product with a lot of research behind it, so having it is just another tool to be rotated so a resistance is not built up using the same old thing over and over again! ;) :)

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Yes, I have some sulmet but it just stuns the coccidia, baycox kills it, thanks for the help
Sulmet works on e coli samanela, and coccidi, It does kill it. Used for 5 days and if more severe, You skip 5 dasy and repeat agin. But agin if coccid is a problem in your loft now In the warmer weather You might look at Placing the waters in the aivery, And make sure any split feed is cleaned up But you can find something else By trying to find and fix the health problem would be an idea As winter months is more when you see cocccidi. And most often other health problems. Fresh air, sunlight. . Ventilation and dry lofts Little problems happen. Might even think somew oxine A h to diinfect the loft

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
As Robert (re lee) said, Sulmet will kill coccidia and it is a good, safe medicine. It will also treat other diseases as well. We alternate Sulmet with Albon.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Just something I happened onto about the sulfa drugs problem!
Coccidia: This parasite, too, becomes resistant to various treatments. Rarely is sulmet or the other sulfas adequate in controlling coccidiosis anymore. The stalwart drug, Amprolium is now failing in increasing numbers or cases. We are relying more and more on Baycox to effectively eliminate coccidia, although amprolium is still very effective in the majority of cases.

Take heed very interesting!:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts