Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Jose/Andys-Pet-Shop/106539122194?ref=nf

I understand that Andy's Pet Shop (which works with Mickacoo and Elizabethy to help the pigeons) is almost definitely going under. It's a very hard situation. Here is what they wrote on their Facebook page at the end of July:

Three options: 1) Get out of our lease; have a "going out of business sale"; return unadopted pets to the rescues, and vacate the premises. 2) Sell the business, not likely due to negative cash flow. We don't own the building, just business assets. 3) Get donations, sell lots of merchandise NOW, and maybe squeak through.

There is a fund raiser for them this Saturday, info in the link above. I'm going to try myself to be there!!! You can bring anything to add to the garage sale if you have extra items. Let's all help if we can. They have done a lot for our pigeons and for many other animals.

Andy's Pet Shop
1280 The Alameda
San Jose, CA, 95126

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yes! Support Andy's (100% Rescue) Pet Shop!

Andy's partners with rescues and shelters and every pet in their shop is a "second hand" pet that was sold in a pet store earlier in its life but ended up homeless and at risk of euthanasia :eek: in an overfull shelter!

Please do support them in any way you can. They are WONDERFUL and rather than contributing to the problems of surplus and homeless pets, are actually helping to solve them! :)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Thank you!!!

Everyone if not a local you can use the pet shop link....on the home page on the left hand side there is a bullet point marking for Help US...click on it and youn can make a donate without being a paypal member through a credit/debit card.

Please help if you can any small amount helps..it all adds up!

-Hilly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts