Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, one of my birds l.b.r.a.-632 came in 15th place in the islip club 15 lofts and 328 birds and 29th combine with 1823 birds also foys-26 came in 9th in the s.l.i. club 19 lofts and 416 birds and 36th combine with 1823 birds and l.b.r.a-629 came in 243rd combine 1823 birds all races were 200 miles the l.b.ra race is in 2 weeks

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beachwoods Babies Update

Hi All, in this weeks 150 mile race my bird foys-29 came in 14th club 401 birds and 18 lofts and 21st combine 69 lofts and 1749 birds also foys-27 came in 21st club 401 birds and 18 lofts and 29th combine 69 lofts and 1749 birds i had 3 other birds clocked these are all long island challenge birds i now have 5 for the money race, race is nov-1st

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Frank, thank you again, i have the L.B.R.A. race on Saturday 1st prize is 10,000 split 50/50 i have 3 birds in the race

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi Frank, thank you again, i have the L.B.R.A. race on Saturday 1st prize is 10,000 split 50/50 i have 3 birds in the race
Hi Robert, Tim here in Fl. good luck this weekend. Question, I thought you posted once that this club (LBRA) didn't mail you bands that you paid for. Or do I remember that wrong??
I was looking for a race to enter this year and went with the Empire City Bond and Auction race which my bird AU 226 won and of course was the first auction bird home. Since my bird was an auction bird I could only get auction money, but was told before hand I was eligible for capital prizes too, which makes me wonder but I don't make the rules.
Anyway next year I may send to the LBRA and see what happens and you know my birds so I think they could handle the competition!
Again good luck this weekend!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hi Tim, congratulations on winning the empire city auction race, i looked at the flyer for that race and i did not see anything about auction birds were eligible for the capital prizes who ever you talked to lied to you, i also did not see anything about seperate liberations for the race when you got the results were there seperate sheets for the bond and auction race or were they all on the same page? what most clubs do in those kind of races they start the bidding on the auction birds at the price of the bands, in that race bands were 50$ each i think that club does not have to many flyers and they dont want to spend upwards of 50$ for a bird, do you know how many lofts were in the race and how many birds? in some clubs you can win both prizes next year send birds to the L.C.M. race in N.J. or the B.B.F. race there are 3 or 4 races in the C.J.C. combine that you can win both prizes give me a call in december and will will talk about it.now about the L.B.R.A. race i got the bands a week later so i had to send my birds to the 2nd auction i always like to send birds to the 1st auction so they will be a little older then the rest of the birds. and the L.B.R.A. had 6 different auctions this year becuase of the covid virus

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi Tim, i looked at the results of the empire classic race they did have 2 realses one for main race and one for the auction race i was not a small race the main race had 40 lofts and 433 birds the auction race had 20 lofts and 51 birds i dont know why they did not combine them the only thing i can think of is they did not start the auction with a 50$ bid the bands were 50$ that should make all the birds eligible for capital prizes. and your bird won the auction race by 24 minutes thats great. was that bird out of any of the birds i gave you??

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi Robert, I can only know what they tell me or what I read from the race results. This was actually one release from the look of the release time of 07:15 for both and that's what the spokesman said too, but none the less the fastest bird should be the winner. I was told that they didn't want someone who did not spend money for entry fees to be able to win the pot, of course that was after the race was over and I questioned the outcome. The flyer does say, bond AND auction race so I guess that's what makes the difference. I think the guy I talked to wanted to up the bird entry number's and I can't blame for that.
But oh well, this race had 60 lofts and just shy of 500 birds so I was very excited that my birds did so well, or should I say....Your birds!!!!!!
Yes this hen was out of the birds that you gave me and I am very pleased with all of them, I wished I would have raced them this year but next year I am gonna race AND send a few out. Thanks again
Tim

·
Registered
312 Posts
Robert, none of the birds you gave me are being raced they are not yearlings anymore. They are breeders now and they make great babies. I was going to have shoulder surgery earlier this year so I gave my team to a new guy in our club, then Covid-19 showed up and closed all Dr's offices so no surgery and no race team. Oh well next year I'll race a few and send some out too.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi All, i did not to do good in the L.B.R.A. race my bird l.b.r.a. 632 came in 15th place my bird lbra 631 came in 34th place and my bird lbra 629 came in 43rd place it was a tough race birds were released at 8 30 am first bird was clocked at 10 to 4 i won 500$ birds were coming in dribs and dabs they paid out to 40 places over 350 birds were auctioned off only 93 made the race Robert

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Beachwood ,

May not have been first . But still in the money . I would be happy as hell if I

did that . So congratulations is still in order .

Frank

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi Tim, type in www.interstateconcuorse.com they have the results of both races. tim can you tell me the band# of that bird i gave
Hi Robert, I missunderstood the first time I read this.
Yes that's the website for race results of the club I sent birds to. They don't post their own results for some reason.
You gave me several birds with no bands, you said you missed banding them because the nest was up high. You did give me young that I raced and lost but I still have several in my breeding loft too. And I kept several of the young that I bred out of that stock because they raced well for me.
These are directly from your stock.....
BC cock Foys 122 (your band)
BB SPL cock AU 52 (your band)
BB SPL hen AU 4 (your band)
You advised me to put 52 and 4 together and I did. I put 122 with a Clausen houben hen and it seems to be working. Our yb races ended last year with a 400 mile race, I got all I sent back in good time but didn't place first.
The racers I bred this year seem to be doing pretty well as I have won money and I have one more $$ race in December the Citrus Bowl Special. I still have 4 birds in that race so if they are still there in Dec I'm going to go to Daytona and watch them come in.
And congratulations on your latest win.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts