Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So just today I noticed that the beak of my band-tailed pigeon looks almost like a bruise... It has a purplish tinge to it that I only now noticed, and I'm wondering if it could be a sign of something bad to come. Opinions, please? Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Hi Mel_see and welcome! It looks pretty normal to me. I hope you DO know that unless you possess a state and federal rehab permit, that it IS illegal for you to have this bird. I'm not faulting you in any way for helping a needy pigeon, but just be careful about what you are doing here. If you are in the U.S., you really need to get this bird to an individual or center who has the necessary permits to rehab it. Please do, however, keep an eye on the beak. We're happy to help if we can .. just be aware of the problems you may have down the road if you don't have permits for this bird.

Terry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great! Thank you so much for your help; the inside of the beak looks fine. Oh, and I'll get it the help it needs right away - I wasn't sure what to do at first, but I didn't want to just leave an injured bird (especially with no nest or parents in sight).

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Great! Thank you so much for your help; the inside of the beak looks fine. Oh, and I'll get it the help it needs right away - I wasn't sure what to do at first, but I didn't want to just leave an injured bird (especially with no nest or parents in sight).
So where are you located .. Must be on the West Coast somewhre cuz Band Tailed Pigeons don't exist in too many other places.

Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts