Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A shameful thing in Colorado, alas. Two CU students were seen beating a pigeon to death, and doing it "joyfully." Thankfully, someone saw and reported them. They have been ticketed, and more serious charges will be considered when they are arraigned on April 3, 2012. Not surprisingly, the comments on the article in the Boulder Daily Camera are mixed, some being typically ignorant of pigeons. Letters to the Daily Camera might be in order. Here's the link, though it is hard, sad reading:

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-...der-da-pigeon-beating-death-under-review-more

Alas for our own species.

·
Registered
328 Posts
People that will do these things are like bullies. They would do the same thing to younger children. Needs be stopped before they get that far.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I am just so glad that the witnesses didn't allow them to get away with it .........good work on their behalf ...I hope the charges are upgraded for the two idiots !!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sadly Boulder is the only city in Colorado that has pigeon protection laws in place, the rest of Colorado only has animal cruelty laws that provides some sort of protection. So not only they will get charges under cruelty but also for violating the sanctuary law which is only 1000 buck and 30 days in jail, but hey its a lot more than the rest of colorado would give anyone else

http://pigeonpapers.blogspot.com/2005/06/did-you-know-city-of-boulder-colorado.html

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I know this thread is kind of old news..but it seems a shame that these kid's parents spend allot of money on their college when what they need to spend it on is psychological therapy.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I know this thread is kind of old news..but it seems a shame that these kid's parents spend allot of money on their college when what they need to spend it on is psychological therapy.
I totally agree!!

That is beyond sick. That is a violent tendancy that prevails in serial killer and what nots. If they cannot rationalize their thoughts and believe violence is "fun" and "enjoyable" - to the extend of murder - there is something REALLY wrong with them!! Unless they seek help, they will grow up to be the worst kind of humans, and maybe cause harm to other humans.

Do we need a human to die in their hands before the authorities will do something with these kind of derangeds?

·
Registered
519 Posts
What I found just as disturbing as the story were many of the comments underneath it - that so many people can not see such obviously perverted brutality as something to condemn, is truly sad and scary.

·
Registered
467 Posts
As far as being idiots there not smart enough to be idiots. To bad you can' t mark some people as spam.

·
Registered
763 Posts
What I found just as disturbing as the story were many of the comments underneath it - that so many people can not see such obviously perverted brutality as something to condemn, is truly sad and scary.
True! The comments in the link disturbed me as well. No compassion at all! Killing a life with glee and enjoying it... is SO sick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts