Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need to part with my bird family and am hoping to find a good home for all of them. There are two groups. One is a small family of three red bars - one cock is the father of the other two, which are one hen and one cock. The second group is a flock of 16 homing pigeons.

Here are pics of Puff (the oldest cock) and Lazarus (the hen) before her feathers changed. I don't have pics of the youngest right now, but he looks like his dad.

Here are pics of the flock of homers:

I don't want anything in return but the peace of mind that they are going to a good home. I will do as much as I can to help with transportation costs as well. I'm sad to see them go, and I feel like I need to do right by them as best I can.

I'm in Kansas City, Missouri. Please IM me your information if you think you can take these lovely birds in.

Thank you,

Dan

·
Registered
94 Posts
hi dan i would love to have them... would u shipp them to me if i payed the shipping??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This brings me to an important question. What do I need to know about shipping birds? Is this safe? What are the choices? What is the best method?

As I said, I am willing to help as much as I can with transportation costs.

Thanks for your quick reply, Derek. I've got you on my list of interested folks. I'm going to take my time making sure they get to the best place possible, so please be patient.

Thanks all,

Dan

·
Registered
821 Posts
Shipping is easy..You just take them to your local PO in a USPS approved box and send them Express Mail. Mail them on Mon,Tues or Wed....Make sure that you have a USPS approved box.The guy getting the birds can order one( a 16 bird box) and have it sent directly to you for under $50.. BoxesforBirds.com will do it over the phone or internet..Postage will depend on weight and where but around $120 (give or take) for a box of Recing Homers...Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts