Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! My new piggie Blueberry, who is a sweetheart is doing something with her wings that I don't know what it means. When I speak to her in a soft voice, she ruffles her wings lightly at her sides and looks at me, its very cute. What does that mean? Just curious! Thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
It means she is hungry. She must be a young bird, I didn't ask Reti how old she was. But thats what the young birds do to there parents asking for food. Its so cute that she already thinks that your mom and dad. Glad everything is going good with blueberry. Get some peas or corn and see if you can get her to take some out of your hand. Ask Reti how old the bird is that she sent you. min

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh well that's neat! I remember when I hand raised a mourning dove, it would so the same thing only those wings would be a moving fast and hard lol! :D She is very sweet, and when she does it I try to pet her but she moves away and keeps doing it if I take my hand out and talk to her softly. So I dunno! But it sure is sweet and cute! :D

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Blueberry is no older than 11 months as the band indicates she is a 2009 bird.
The feather ruffling also means excitement at her age not necessary only for getting food but just the fact that you are giving her attention can get her excited.
Have you offered her peanuts as treats yet?

Reti

1 - 4 of 4 Posts