Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Since nobody has answered yet I will do my best. The bird can not get back out because of the angle of the trap and the dowels spaced to where the birds wings must be tucked in. However I have one bird who has conquered it and will leave even if the trap is in.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you have a Belgian drop trap how do your birds not get back out?
Hi Macker97,

Ssyybfamloft is right the trap is an open hole but it is the angle that makes it so most birds wont even try to go back out. I have one hen however who when its time for feeding and I'm late will be waiting by my back door. Then when she see's me she will fly back and forth to the landing board several times then drop in as I'm going in with the feed. At first it really irritated me, but now it has become a game of sorts with her. I've never observed any of the other birds escaping out for any reason except her. The open hole seems to make the birds trap faster than any bob style opening I've ever used. They don't hesitate at all they just run for the opening and drop in.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Jedds Pigeon Supply,out of California,sell them for $90 to $120...I bought 2,and love them...Birds trap FAST with these units...The only thing you have to worry about is,you have to have a secure window,so once the birds are all in,you can close/lock the window,so no animals can enter,especially at night...Other then that,they are great...Almost everyone in Europe etc,use them....Alamo

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Jedds Pigeon Supply,out of California,sell them for $90 to $120...I bought 2,and love them...Birds trap FAST with these units...The only thing you have to worry about is,you have to have a secure window,so once the birds are all in,you can close/lock the window,so no animals can enter,especially at night...Other then that,they are great...Almost everyone in Europe etc,use them....Alamo
im going to buy one .. didn't know it was that cheap
got any picture?

·
Registered
582 Posts
lawman, what angle and width did you make yours ?
Its a double stall 6 inches wide for each. the angle of decent is 45 degrees and I put a hinged door on the bottom instead of on the front so I can close it up at night. The width also works out almost perfect for the unikon clocking system.

Anybody that likes building things and working with wood can make it pretty easily. No sense in paying for one and then having to have it shipped to you I say.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Here`s a picture of my traps....Left side YB`s...Right side OB`s...

I made a flight cage extension,because I do not have a avairy for ALL the YB`s to hang outside...
so did it come with a clear cover?
im going to get one ..thanks for the picture

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
They did not come with plexi glass...I have a fixit store here that sells plexi glass real cheap...I bought a sheet,and cut two peices for the traps...I did put 1/4 inch wire on the side of the YB Sputnik,and the front...Just in case of a hawk attack,while the Yb`s are sleeping out there...The hawk claws couldn`t get through and grab a pigeon...Never has happened,but why take a chance...If you have plexiglass all around,you don`t have to worry....I just like the sides OPEN to get more air,in and around the loft....Hope this helps you out...Alamo

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know this is a year old thread, but could anyone please post the dimension on the spacing between the dowels? Id like to DIY one.

Thank you!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have barbs on my trap, but still I have a door in front after all birds trap in. Try putting a door over the Belgium trap so nothing can get in... I have barbs so I really don't know the spacing, Try looking in YouTube get some good information there sometimes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts