Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone I'm a new poster and have a question about varmints. I found a coopers hawk in my loft, he got in through the bobs.Will the belgiun drop trap keep these guys out? If not what else can be done? My home is not near my loft and locking it can be trouble some. Thanks

Rich K

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
You should lock/close the entrance door that covers the bob trap. So let them fly while you are there waiting for them. Or another idea if you can't be with them. While they are flying, the trap door is closed/locked. Once they come down, then open the trap door and let them in. Once they are all inside, then locked the trap door for the night.

Another crazy idea: Install a locking door that can be remotely closed/open while you are inside your home. Never done it of course.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Rich - How far is your loft from your home? Locking it up should be a simple task for anyone....I hope you don't take this the wrond way ;).

Reagarding the drop trap....do a search in the forum and you will find many examples from past threads.

Try this link for starters:

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f38/sputniks-23986.html?highlight=drop+trap

Good luck,

Henry

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I installed a bar that runs across the bobs so when I dont want anyone or anything coming in they cant
its just a simple metal bar with two of the eye loops (the bottom item in the pic) for the bar to slide through and stay in place

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I installed a bar that runs across the bobs so when I dont want anyone or anything coming in they cant
its just a simple metal bar with two of the eye loops (the bottom item in the pic) for the bar to slide through and stay in place
That's exactly what we used to do before we got rid of the bobs all together.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I got the idea from a pic I think you took in your loft Renee LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.