Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Additional note: While cutting with the grinder (which I haven't owned for long and usually don't do metal work) I was wearing shorts and noticed the sparks stinging my legs but was ignoring it. Later I noticed my legs were turning red and little burn spots, like freckles, all over them. I put on long pants also used eye protection which I highly recommend...

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Most the wire is on, except where the traps will go, and the doors are now on. I used wooden screen door springs to make them self-close against door stop and they're working great.

I think I'll try to get the materials for the roofing tomorrow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Finished the roofing:

Then I went over to the chicken coop to put some metal drip edge around this little area I wanted to shingle. After sinking nails with 2 hits all day doing the pigeon coop shingles I pronated my hand to hold the nail so I could use my thumb to hold the edging tight and took a hard swing of the hammer to set the nail through the metal - - ...BUT totally missed the nail and smashed my finger good! Swelling makes my finger look like a thumb but this is the end of my index finger:

Ugh...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
This is about it for the exterior, I've got a couple trim pieces to make is all. I've started on the inside details, maybe I'll start another thread on that...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Finished the roofing:

View attachment 97579

Then I went over to the chicken coop to put some metal drip edge around this little area I wanted to shingle. After sinking nails with 2 hits all day doing the pigeon coop shingles I pronated my hand to hold the nail so I could use my thumb to hold the edging tight and took a hard swing of the hammer to set the nail through the metal - - ...BUT totally missed the nail and smashed my finger good! Swelling makes my finger look like a thumb but this is the end of my index finger:

View attachment 97580

Ugh...
Ow!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts