Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three ringneck doves (a mated pair and their 1 offspring) and in september i am moving from one side of canada to the other. Any tips on the best way to bring them across? My boyfriend and i are planning on taking a plane, and are going to buy the tickets next week.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
If they permit you to use any crate, get something small that is closed up with a few airholes. Keeping them in darkness will calm them. They shouln't be able to flutter their wings. This will limit them getting injured.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they permit you to use any crate, get something small that is closed up with a few airholes. Keeping them in darkness will calm them. They shouln't be able to flutter their wings. This will limit them getting injured.
thank you so much for the advice, after discussing it with my boyfriend and family we have decided that the best option for both the birdies and for me is to find them a new loving home here in montreal, instead of trying to subject them to the stress of such a long distance move. I’d be lying if i said i wasn’t heartbroken, but sometimes the right choice isnt always the easiest. ❤❤❤

1 - 4 of 4 Posts