Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im guessing this is not your cat - if it belongs to someone you should try to return it to its owner otherwice have the APL come and get it. I have 2 cats and they stay away from my birds - the cats some how know that the birds are part of the family. If this is you cat you should keep it secure (crated) white the birds are out to avoid this from happening again - Hope that wound heals, it looks pretty nasty.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not my cat , and dont know who it is, and yes a i have a dog but the pigeons fly around and they were on the neighboord yard, my house is not that big so its kind of a big problem too, i got a pitbull. the problem sis when they land in the fence or somewhere else that the cat can get him and the dog cant get there. well im sorry for the cat but next time i see him he wont be to happy.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
see the funny thing is that 2 of my neighboors have dogs and i have dog, there only one patio that he can get trought to get to my house that doesnt have any pets. how can i take care of this? i dont wanna call anyone cause im not sure if i can have pigeons in my patio. how can i find out?

·
Registered
28 Posts
You need to check into you City regulations for keeping birds - I can keep only a small ammt of animals in my yard - you can ask at your city hall - Im sure they will be happy to provide you with the informaiton. As far as I know you do not need a liscence to keep birds but you would need to check with your local authorities.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i talk to them and actually there is no regulations for pigeons in glendale, i can have as many as i want as long no one calls them about the pigeons, and the loft says cant be too big, as long there no making a mess and disturbing the neighboors im good. but what im i gonna do with that damn cat, i guess im gonna have to stay outside while my pigeons are outside.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
I would relocate the cat to a BETTER "high priced neighborhood. It could live a "notch" higher than it is living now.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Most cat owners are the worst for taking responsablity for their pet. Someone's cat can eat your pigeons and they will say oh well that's just what cats do, and then they continue to let them run free. Let your dog eat their cat just once and there is hell to pay. Cats can be taught not to eat birds if the owner cares enough when they are young. Imagine how many songbirds that cat has eaten. If that is someones cat and not a stray, they will usually take the bird home to eat it, so the owner knows from the feather piles what is going on, but still the cat runs free. If it is not someones cat then it won't be missed. Years ago I had a cat get into my loft through the trap. I had only gone in the house for 15 minutes, so I think the cat was waiting for the chance. Two weeks before I bought 18 young birds that were a week into loft flying at $110.00 each. The cat killed a couple of birds that I already had, but all those young birds took off except for one. Never saw them again, so in 15 minutes I lost 19 pigeons to one cat, if I sound a little cat bitter that is probably why. My own cat runs free and she is very well behaved. Jim

1 - 20 of 72 Posts