Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering when everyone allows the birds to bathe in relation to the race. How many of you allow your birds to bathe on the day of shipping. If you dont, what are the reasons behind it? Do you feel losing the bloom after bathing will affect the birds in the air?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Water adds weight which slows bird and makes it hawk food. So I bath when the birds can enjoy the bath by laying around in the sun in the comfort of the loft. No loft flying, shipping, or training

Tony

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Rain Coat

When I was racing I always gave them a bath the day after the race as I did not loft fly on that day. When it comes to bloom the birds will have a week to build up a new coat of bloom.What many forget is that the birds bloom is in fact his rain coat. If the bird was to fly into wet weather it helps to some degree to keep the bird dry GEORGE;)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I am wondering when everyone allows the birds to bathe in relation to the race. How many of you allow your birds to bathe on the day of shipping. If you dont, what are the reasons behind it? Do you feel losing the bloom after bathing will affect the birds in the air?
I have the same questions. I am experimenting a little with it now and I am not sure it matters. I have done good in a race with baths on wensday already. Unless like was said they hit rain. Then it might make a difference.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I allow my YB team to loft fly for about 30 minutes the day after a race.
So they can stretch their wings.
Then I allow them to take a bath right after they come in from loft flying.
So far it has been working good and they love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts