Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I noticed a new bird we haven't seen in the 30 years we have lived here. It is all black with a yellow belly and a yellow spot on top of its head. Does anyone know what kind of bird this is?

·
Registered
754 Posts
yellow

where do you live, I have seen birds that sound like that but the two that come to mind this time if year here in Michigan would be the yellow brested gross beak or maybe a baltimore oreal. I am just guessing you can do a google on those to and let me know, You have me thinking and very curious now:) there is one more that may come close and it could be a cedar wax wing, they are migrating right now also, they look something like a slender cardnal with a yellowish tint on there belly and tiny red markings on the tail, really fun to watch while flying. Remember these are just guesses from what I have seen here. >Kevin

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
My dad and I noticed a new bird we haven't seen in the 30 years we have lived here. It is all black with a yellow belly and a yellow spot on top of its head. Does anyone know what kind of bird this is?
This site is excellent for identifying birds -
www.whatbird.com
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.