Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in another thread, but I guess because of where it is, not many people saw it.......so if it's a repeat to you because you saw it over "there"....forgive me.......:eek:....
But......I just HAD to tell everyone that one of the birds I lost two weeks ago in a bad race, came home today. She's a little thin and dirty, so for the past 13 days, she's been somewhere, surviving............
When I let her in the loft, she went straight to her box. Normally, she's a wild little thing and I have a really hard time catching her, but she allowed me to just walk up to her and pick her up, like she knew that I was VERY happy to see her and that I was going to take care of her.
I took her to the big loft, got her set up in a individual pen with plenty of food and water.
I shipped her mate to the 500 mile race this week end, so of course he wasn't here when she got home, but as soon as he gets here tomorrow, I plan on taking her over to the loft and let them spend some time together.
I now have renewed hope that maybe, just maybe, the other two lost ones will show up.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I posted this in another thread, but I guess because of where it is, not many people saw it.......so if it's a repeat to you because you saw it over "there"....forgive me.......:eek:....
But......I just HAD to tell everyone that one of the birds I lost two weeks ago in a bad race, came home today. She's a little thin and dirty, so for the past 13 days, she's been somewhere, surviving............
When I let her in the loft, she went straight to her box. Normally, she's a wild little thing and I have a really hard time catching her, but she allowed me to just walk up to her and pick her up, like she knew that I was VERY happy to see her and that I was going to take care of her.
I took her to the big loft, got her set up in a individual pen with plenty of food and water.
I shipped her mate to the 500 mile race this week end, so of course he wasn't here when she got home, but as soon as he gets here tomorrow, I plan on taking her over to the loft and let them spend some time together.
I now have renewed hope that maybe, just maybe, the other two lost ones will show up.
Glad you got her back Rennee. Keep an eye on that one.Them bird's that have been out a while have picked up a whole heap of knowlege, and I'm sure a new appreciation of home...She was probably just as happy to see you.

·
Registered
470 Posts
thats a survivor!!!! i put my hands down 13 days that bird really know how to survive and still be able to come home..... and dont lost hope birds tend to remember home for food and comfort as long as they dont get killed or badly injured..... me im still hoping those young birds that i lost last year and year after that they will show up one day and bring a bunos (their mate):D:D:D

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Wow! That is nice to hear. The longest bird I have lost was about 7 days--skinny and weak and easily pick up as you may have noticed. That is why I teach my birds to forage on the ground for grass seeds/weed seeds and even to drink water which seems to be a no-no for others. I found those 2 missing birds that I have foraging for grass seeds which I believe helped them survive.

Congrats!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I know how it feels, Do not like to do it but I got a hen named Lucky. She came back after seven days. It is always good to have the babies come home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.