Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started off with a pair of garden fantails, who were together since birth, born april , and a pair of indian fantails, definately male/female who were last years birds. about three weeks ago now, the gardens decided to stop the indians enter the aviary through the trap. and although i only noticed it a couple of times they flew off and have not been seen since. now the female of the garden pai,r that seemed inseperable from her mate, has also disappeared, which is very strange. the remaining cock bird has now started to disapear early in the morning only to return towards dusk hungry/thirsty and aggitated. could the hen of nested somewhere else? if so would she not return as well to feed? should i leave the trap open and cage him to hopefully get her back or should i presume something has happend to her, ive contacted all my local vets and rescue organisations, and lost as what to do for the best.
thanks

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
I wonder if someone has caught and caged them? Maybe you could leaflet houses near by, they wouldn't have flown far.

Cynthia

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm sorry you're going through this worry, and hope you will get your missing birds back.
In so far as I know, it's the cock bird who chooses a nesting site, unless the hen already had an established territory. I can't see her picking a nesting site elsewhere, so I agree with Cynthia that someone probably caged her. They may have thought she was lost and needed looking after, or thought 'what a beautiful bird, I'll keep it!'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts