Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought 8 new born white pigeons and they have now been at the house for about two months. They fight a lot and pluck at each others heads. We think we may have more boys than girls. I see no signs of them wanting to make a nest but I also think it is to late in the year for that anyway. My Questions are do they surpose to fight like this and should they be wanting to mate?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
How much room do they have? You say they were new born...were they just hatched and did you hand raise them?

·
Registered
145 Posts
pigeons will naturally make a pecking order just like any other animals, and humans for that matter. so i would be concerned unless they are in a small space. for 8 birds your going to need a spacious loft to keep them in with lots of perches so they wont fight and peck at each other. they will grow out of this stage once they all know who the alphas are. till then make sure they are healthy and have enough room to get away when being pecked on.

i highly doubt they will be tryin to make a nest for a while. they shouldnt be anyways

1 - 3 of 3 Posts