Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
training with a few club members ..few of us drop the birds off in the morning to his house and he takes them out . we are up to 60 miles now.. it seems like a few times not all the birds return . could be hawk hits i was thinking..i have completed 2 100 mile races. with all birds returning.. we are in to two races on 10 so far. i am down to 17 birds to complete the race season. i am getting to the point that if i continue to train i will be down to nothing by seasoned end..

·
Registered
160 Posts
training with a few club members ..few of us drop the birds off in the morning to his house and he takes them out . we are up to 60 miles now.. it seems like a few times not all the birds return . could be hawk hits i was thinking..i have completed 2 100 mile races. with all birds returning.. we are in to two races on 10 so far. i am down to 17 birds to complete the race season. i am getting to the point that if i continue to train i will be down to nothing by seasoned end..

1. How are your droppings? Rock solid? Color?
2. Can you detail your training schedule up to this point?
How many training tosses on the birds and what distances?
3. What is your medication routine?
4. Are your birds skinny?
5. How are the returns on the "few of us drop the birds off" ?

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Take the birds yourself.
There was a case locally years ago when the resident "expert" was training birds for the club. Turned out the birds were being kept in the back of a truck for hours on end as he ran personal errands and the like. The bad returns in this case, had little to do with hawks or wires. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Maybe he is having a pigeon auction on his doorstep after you drop them off. Seriously though I would not trust my birds to be trained by anyone else. Besides where is the fun in that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts