Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
There is also a strain called Black Eagle. I believe it originated in Africa. Supposed to be a good long distance strain :)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the links. I'll contact them.

From the pics that I've seen of Black Diamonds, they look identical and are probably the same species.

As I mentioned, I don't race my birds, I just love flying them for pleasure. They are quite large and strong fliers ..they are very calm and gentle birds as well.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Thanks Becky! I went to that Dennis Kuhn site many times in the past, but the black eagle family didn't ring in my brain. I was browsing his white birds instead.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
No problem :) Dennis Kuhn is normally the first person to pop in my head when people want fancy colored racers. OH! Another one I just thought of. I'm pretty sure Flyhome Loft has a family of blacks, along with their opals and such. I'll see if I can find the link. They have birds for sale on auction sites like eggbid every once in a while.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have some black diamonds from Ralph Johnson from over by Lincoln Neb. They are fast and love to fly and very untempermental. Good breeders also. He has worked on these birds for a long time.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
stromberg supply advertise black eagle racers for sale
I've never bought any birds from Strombergs, but I don't think they'd be very reliable for race birds. They have the strains and the colors, but do they have the race results? Besides, everything they sell is expensive :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.