Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

How Does Every Ones Black Eagles Do You When Racing And How Far Can They Go In A Race? I Am Thinking About Getting A Few

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I Got A Guys # That Has Some If You Want It Let Me Know And I Will Send It To You. I Am Trying To Find Out A Little Info Out On Them Before I Get Some.

Thanks Vic

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a pair of black eagles. I bought them for breeding. Those black eagles are on the small side. I just got the 1st batch of babies from them.. Haven't race them or anything but they have been loft flown for a week now. I'm probably going to sell the pair and keep the babies as my loft is only a stater loft. Every time i want to let my birds out... I have to catch the ones that i can let out and toss them out for loft flying... Its a pain in the butt..I wish i got 2 lofts, one for breeders that doesn't come back and one for birds that will come back home.. i have way too many birds in that small loft.. Would only like to keep the ones that will come back home :).. I'll keep there offspring and see how they compare to my other ones. If anyone here is interested i can take a pic..I was told that they are long distance birds that are made for very hott and tough weather in Africa...

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I got a pair of black eagles. I bought them for breeding. Those black eagles are on the small side. I just got the 1st batch of babies from them.. Haven't race them or anything but they have been loft flown for a week now. I'm probably going to sell the pair and keep the babies as my loft is only a stater loft. Every time i want to let my birds out... I have to catch the ones that i can let out and toss them out for loft flying... Its a pain in the butt..I wish i got 2 lofts, one for breeders that doesn't come back and one for birds that will come back home.. i have way too many birds in that small loft.. Would only like to keep the ones that will come back home :).. I'll keep there offspring and see how they compare to my other ones. If anyone here is interested i can take a pic..I was told that they are long distance birds that are made for very hott and tough weather in Africa...

Are you saying that you have young birds out flying now? In Wisconsin? Homers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you saying that you have young birds out flying now? In Wisconsin? Homers?

I have a pair of young birds off of my pair of black eagles they have only been loft flown..They are about 3 months old and yes they are homers and yes in Wisconsin...They are not flying right now as we are getting freezing rain and snow...

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Cinsidering the black eagles grew popular in the late 1970s// early 1980s. And several people tried them here in the U S including myself At which The birds i had were no better then other known family lines then. I would say as many found out IT IS NOT THE STRAIN but the bird in hand and the traing methods. The black eagles had a good black color not sooty like you see in severa black colored race birds..

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I have a pair of solid black Jan Ardens. Just had babies yesterday. The parents are Belgium banded. I am anxious to see how they do. Probably will have to wait until I fly them in old birds in 2011.

This is a slow sport for fast pigeons. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts