Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my lady pigeon started to poop in black. It's not greenish black - its really black. The poop has some whiteness too. I don't think she could have injury. She looks healthy. The vet is unavailable ATM, please help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recently I bought some new food. It is for parrots. It has mainly millet, some biscuits and some black seeds(is that the problem). The other pigeon is eating the same food, but there is no effect for him. I will change the food and see if it helps.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Could be the diet, put your pigeons on a good pigeon seed mix, it is designed for them and provides all the nutrition they need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Lithuania and its almost impossible to find a pigeon mix. Maybe you could suggest some ingredients I could mix myself?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Do you have wild bird seed mix there? To it you could add dried split peas, lentils a small bit of brown rice and a small bit of safflower seed.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I live in Lithuania and its almost impossible to find a pigeon mix. Maybe you could suggest some ingredients I could mix myself?
Have you tried a bigger pet shop? Also, I doubt there is not any pigeon shop, at least in bigger cities.

I too thought there is not such thing here and discovered that even a small pet shop next to me has pigeon mix. You can also order online a bag of 30-40 kg from Lithuania, UK or other close country.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Sometimes they sell a dove mix.................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts