Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my beloved pet dove is sick and I'm not sure what he needs. Bird has blood in his feces--which is otherwise water- and his rectum is protruding somewhat and he has feathers missing along his breast. He is hardly talking to us. I read to put them near a hot water bottle but my ma has him in a blanket and holding him as he loves cuddling. Please please help us!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Hi my beloved pet dove is sick and I'm not sure what he needs. Bird has blood in his feces--which is otherwise water- and his rectum is protruding somewhat and he has feathers missing along his breast. He is hardly talking to us. I read to put them near a hot water bottle but my ma has him in a blanket and holding him as he loves cuddling. Please please help us!
Is this an only bird? Are you sure it's a male and not a female?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
can you afford to take him/her to the vet? it could be a prolapse, I repeat COULD. If she is an egg bound hen, this could be a seriouse condition also. warmth and calm eviroment, untill you can give more details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he's definitely male. he has his own cage. we've had Bird for about 7 or 8 years now. Ma just adopted a male and female from the local humane society. They stay together and are nesting. some horrible person decided they just didn't want them any more! we got Bird from a magician friend who said he was too noisy and ruined the tricks. I say good let him have a better life with us but now he's sick. Is there anything we can give him? Mom's friend has a niece that is a vet and we are waiting to hear back from her.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
A vet is your best bet in this situation. Just keep him warm and comfortable until you hear from your friend, the vet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts