Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked up on my pigeons this morning and I found out that my female pigeon had blood on her face. It seemed to have been connected to her beak. My fantails fight a lot. So much so that they don't even eat from the same bowl without lashing at each other.

I have this compartment for them with 2 steps. I put them in separate ones before sleeping because they can't stay in one place together. I've seen the male pigeon get out of his box, get into the females and beat her out of there to stay out in the rain. Today morning, the female was out again with the male being in her compartment.

What should I do about the blood? It's only on her face and no where else. Not even on the male's beak.
Hair Hand Bird Leg Beak

Hand Bird Beak Feather Wing

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not worry about it, it does not look serious, I am sure it will heal up soon with no problems. Just keep her away from other one more now especially since she‘s trying to heal.

Good Luck
The main thing is that her feathers are not missing. There is blood on top of them being connected to the beak. I checked her mouth but could not find any abnormalities. I wonder where that blood came from...

Thank you!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
The blood probably came from the feathers being pecked by the other bird.
If you cannot find any blood inside her beck and everything looks clear, I sure she be alright, just give her some time to recover. If you want you could put a little neosporin ointment to help in healing.

keep me posted

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The blood probably came from the feathers being pecked by the other bird.
If you cannot find any blood inside her beck and everything looks clear, I sure she be alright, just give her some time to recover. If you want you could put a little neosporin ointment to help in healing.

keep me posted
Thank you so much for assuring me! I'll be sure to keep you updated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.