Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just been out to the loft its 230pm here and i let the birds out for a fly :)
went in to se who wasnt flying and to encorage them out of the loft
on birs i saw had a little blood on her beak, so i shut the trap and proceeded to try to catche her, she paniced a bit and it took longer than normal to catch her, i the processe she started bleeding more!! and drops of blood were flying every where :(
once caught the bleeding continued till i put her in a quarenteen cage with water and food in the dark garrage
its been 25 mins and the bleeding has stoped and is drying i diped her head in so water to try and clear some of the bloodas she seemed to gurgle a little when first caught (probably cos the blood in her mouth)

havent inspected the mouth yet
but the poop is verry dark with normal amout of white (havent got a scope)
checked the rest of flock and did open quite a few mouths looking for canker and found non found another bird with a small amount of dry blood on his beak and thought perhaps the were fighting/courting as they are both unmated birds??
have made an appointment to take her to the avain vet, but its not till 7pm!

any sugestions?? that may help now?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Keep the bird as quiet as possible so the bleeding doesn't start again. You were right to make an appointment with the vet. If the bleeding starts before your appointment, just go on in as an emergency.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it seems it is ridiculopathy! in other words they have know idea why the bird blead 15 or more ml of blood from its mouth! no sign of canker, touch wood i have never had canker in my lofts :) and no cuts abrasions etc !!!
i will be keeping her quarenteened though and will watch carefuly!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts