Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning to pair my blue check cock with white flights (only 2 quills on the left and 1 quill on the left are white) and grizzle hen~ please you guys give me an idea on what will be the resulting offspring colors with this pair also regardless of their parents color

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well I can tell you you I just breed this combination and the resulting babies turned out to be a chequer and a grizzle! Both identical to the parents!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Comriest do you mean you also have a blue check cock with white flights? or just a blue check cock~? was the chequer chick also with white flights?

·
Registered
127 Posts
The hen is my avatar pic, funnily enough! here she is, a Roland Janssen (taken when she was weaning last year). I dont have a pic of the cock i'm afraid but the grizzle baby is so similar to this hen that I can get them confused.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The hen is my avatar pic, funnily enough! here she is, a Roland Janssen (taken when she was weaning last year). I dont have a pic of the cock i'm afraid but the grizzle baby is so similar to this hen that I can get them confused.

@Comriest wow she's pretty!^^ i can also see she has white quills there but my grizzle hen doesn't look like that~ my grizzle hen doesn't have bars only a grizzled white wing and her quills are grizzled white with black ends~~~ i wish to have a pigeon with looks like that out of my pigeons here someday.. kkk ^^

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Your bird sounds like it is homozygous blue grizzle, in which all of the kids will be het grizzles, like the bird posted.

·
Registered
127 Posts
@Comriest wow she's pretty!^^ i can also see she has white quills there but my grizzle hen doesn't look like that~ my grizzle hen doesn't have bars only a grizzled white wing and her quills are grizzled white with black ends~~~ i wish to have a pigeon with looks like that out of my pigeons here someday.. kkk ^^
Sounds like from the last post that you may get your wish! Yes my hen is very pretty and very tame. I wish you luck in your breeding :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Comriest @MaryOfExeter guys what about i pair the blue checker with white flights to a red tiger grizzle hen that looks like red orange what do you think will be their result~?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts