Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a basket attached to the side of Blueberry's cage that was filled with a nice bouquet of flowers until he literally plucked every flower from the stem. :(
When I was cleaning one day I just tossed the yellow flower in the hanging basket. From that point on, he has spent much of his time in the basket, admiring & talking to his BIG yellow flower.
He absolutely loves that flower! :p

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Oh, how sweet. They can be very strange huh? As long as the flower doesn't start talking back, I guess it's ok. :)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Okay, that wins cuteness of the day award. Maybe even cuteness of the week. :p That's just hilarious. :D

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
Adorable picture, Cindy. I can tell that our little Blueberry is dong well. I didn't expect that he/she would fall in love with a flower though.:)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
It is obvious by the look on Blueberry's adorable face that he is listening attentively to every word that flower is saying to him.

Again you have captured an intamate moment in the lives of your pigeons.

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
It is obvious by the look on Blueberry's adorable face that he is listening attentively to every word that flower is saying to him.

Again you have captured an intamate moment in the lives of your pigeons.
:) ...:) ......

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
From that point on, he has spent much of his time in the basket, admiring & talking to his BIG yellow flower.
LMAO! That is too funny.

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
LMAO! That is too funny.
That bird has come a long way from when he/she hung out with Crows, at the brewery, on Greeley Avenue in Portland.:cool:

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Beautiful photo - love the color contrast!

I wonder if he had a previous mate (or maybe one of his parents) that was yellow? I was told that males will sometimes show a preference for their mother's color when they look for a mate. :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Adorable and another award-winning pic, Cindy!
He looks so content and proud of his new find! Thanks for posting.

I just wanted to ask you if you have any problems with the chains on the basket. Way back when I posted a pic of Coco in a similar hanging basket, I was warned about the chains and quickly removed them and placed the basket on a stand. ???

Thanks for any input, as he used to love his hanging basket and now spends little time in it except for after a bath.

Blessings to all!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone. Blueberry has turned out to be quite the character.

Quote from AZWhitefeather
he has spent much of his time in the basket, admiring & talking to his BIG yellow flower.
LMAO! That is too funny.
As you know, Kim, Blueberry has the cutest voice ever. Listening to him interact with that flower is a hoot. LOL!!

I don't know if all rollers do this, but Blueberry kind of sounds like a little chicken. :p It's priceless.
I thought it was just his voice changing from a baby to a big bird, but it has continued.

Beautiful photo - love the color contrast!

I wonder if he had a previous mate (or maybe one of his parents) that was yellow? I was told that males will sometimes show a preference for their mother's color when they look for a mate.
Maybe a Frillback. :p
I know he was very young when Chuck picked him up. If I'm not mistaken he was just coming out of his 'squeaker' stage.

Adorable and another award-winning pic, Cindy!
He looks so content and proud of his new find! Thanks for posting.

I just wanted to ask you if you have any problems with the chains on the basket. Way back when I posted a pic of Coco in a similar hanging basket, I was warned about the chains and quickly removed them and placed the basket on a stand. ???

Thanks for any input, as he used to love his hanging basket and now spends little time in it except for after a bath.

Blessings to all!
Hi Christin,
I haven't. I have one hanging basket in the aviary & the one that Blueberry has adopted. I also have two in the aviary that are attached to perches.

He seems to enjoy it when his basket swings. :p

Cindy

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Listening to him interact with that flower is a hoot. LOL!!
i didn't even think of that, how cute...

you need a video camera, then shi and i can come over and drink wine and watch blueberry talk to his flower.:D

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
i didn't even think of that, how cute...

you need a video camera, then shi and i can come over and drink wine and watch blueberry talk to his flower.:D
LOL...LOL...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts