Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was getting ready for work, my husband yelled in the back door, "You've gotta see this!" I went out and my husband pointed up in a tree out back-a BALD EAGLE! Some crows were harrassing him-brave little souls. My husband thinks he had about a 4 ft wingspan, almost my height!

Do you think he was just passing through? He flew to a neighbor's trees and sat for a long time. I think they're magnificent and all that but I want my homers to fly! I was paranoid before about hawks but an eagle? Good Lord! Do you think he'll be back? He got no meal at my house.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
While I was getting ready for work, my husband yelled in the back door, "You've gotta see this!" I went out and my husband pointed up in a tree out back-a BALD EAGLE! Some crows were harrassing him-brave little souls. My husband thinks he had about a 4 ft wingspan, almost my height!

Do you think he was just passing through? He flew to a neighbor's trees and sat for a long time. I think they're magnificent and all that but I want my homers to fly! I was paranoid before about hawks but an eagle? Good Lord! Do you think he'll be back? He got no meal at my house.
Sue, I have bald eagles all around here..because Im near water.. they do not bother my birds in the least.. seen them up flying high not even a look at my pigeons flying.. they really prefer fish to eat..and varmits.. the pigeons could fly circles around a big bird like that anyway.. not to say they would not eat one if you put it infront of him on a plate with and bow...lol.. but really I would not worry and just enjoy..

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
They ARE Magnificent looking birds!! Never use to see them.......Now I see a quite a few every year.
Had a juvenile crash land in my dog pen a couple years ago.......He attacked my 'fake owl' (filled with rocks), thinking it was real :rolleyes: At first we thought it was a Golden Eagle because of the coloring. But turned out to be a Juvenile Bald Eagle .......He flew up out of the pen (after crashing), and sat on a branch about 3 feet above my Fantail loft. I'm underneath him waving my arms and jumping up and down, mainly because I was in a shocked panic. He just sat there and STARED at me......:eek: Had I not been in shock, and realized he wasn't after my birds, I would have let him sit their as long as he wanted so I could admire and get pictures! :eek: Absolutely Gorgeous!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.