Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lately I've found a love for making bracelets :p I managed to find some elastic cord and figured I had to do something with all these paper beads I made. So I picked up some little glass beads as well, and here's the result!

I also found some really pretty porcelain bird beads at Walmart. The remind me of china dishes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My 5year Old Daghter Went To The Bead Store With Her Nana TODAY. I Slipped Her A Few Dollers Just In Case She Saw Something She Liked. When She Came Back She Had A Little Bag Full Of What She Says Were The Best Beads In The Store. She Spent The Whole Day And Night Making Her First Bracelet. Your Braceletes Are Very Nice. Thank You For Sharing Another Side Of YouR Self. I Read Alot Of You Posts And Replies. Im Still Realy New To This Site And Dont Get How To Do Alot Of Things (starting My Own Thread Or Uploading Photos) .but Im On Here Like 4 To 5 Times A Day. And Now My Daughter Is A Frequent Visitor To Pt. Thanks For Letting Me Share, Shawn

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Wow, those are very nice bracelets. Are you gonna sell them?

Reti

·
Registered
17 Posts
Come to National Pigeon Day in Central Park NYC and sell them! People would love them and maybe you could donate a little something back to the cause!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Your bracelets are really beautiful especially with the birdies. I know those would sell if you do decide to sell them.
Reti,
You beat me to the question. I'd buy a few in a minute
Daryl
I would even buy one or two.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 5year Old Daghter Went To The Bead Store With Her Nana TODAY. I Slipped Her A Few Dollers Just In Case She Saw Something She Liked. When She Came Back She Had A Little Bag Full Of What She Says Were The Best Beads In The Store. She Spent The Whole Day And Night Making Her First Bracelet. Your Braceletes Are Very Nice. Thank You For Sharing Another Side Of YouR Self. I Read Alot Of You Posts And Replies. Im Still Realy New To This Site And Dont Get How To Do Alot Of Things (starting My Own Thread Or Uploading Photos) .but Im On Here Like 4 To 5 Times A Day. And Now My Daughter Is A Frequent Visitor To Pt. Thanks For Letting Me Share, Shawn
Tell her I said congrats on making her first bracelet! :) Sure is a lot of fun.
You guys will get the hang of the site after a while. It can be confusing at first how to work all the stuff. But as far as how to post pictures, you can upload them at tinypic.com. It's free and no account is required. Just be sure to choose 'message board' where it says resize, so the pictures don't stretch out the page :) Once it's uploaded, it'll give you a list of links for your picture. You can paste the URL one here and the picture will automatically show, or you can pick the 'direct link', and it will link us to the picture instead.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the compliments :) Next time I go back to the store, I'll look for more bird beads. They didn't have very many at the time.

As far as selling them, I was thinking about that. Just didn't know what to set the price as :p 3 of the bracelets in the picture are mine, a green one, a bird one, and one with the fat round paper beads (my mom's favorite kind :p), but the rest are up for grabs.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Geez Becky you are so artsy and creative! The bracelets are super pretty!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Becky,
I'd like the other green bracelet, and one of the bird bracelets when you set a price. Just let me know, so I can send out payment.
Daryl

·
Registered
441 Posts
Becky, I love you bracelets! If you can do some PINK ones for Breast Cancer, I will buy 5 for the gals in my family. Let me know.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Becky, I love you bracelets! If you can do some PINK ones for Breast Cancer, I will buy 5 for the gals in my family. Let me know.
I'll get to making some pink ones :) Hopefully I'll get to go to walmart sometime this week to get more string. Hopefully I'll be able to get some clasps too so not all of my bracelets have to be stretchy :p

·
Registered
441 Posts
Terrific! Just let me know when they are ready and pm me with your address and I'll get a check to you.

Post a picture of them so you can show them off...might get you a few more offers. ;)

Thanks Becky

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm. How does $5 each sound? By the way, been making some pink beads for those bracelets :) I found out I didn't have any with pink on them anymore. Luckily I found a bunch of old pink club fliers, so I'm using those. Good way to recycle paper :D Just need to spray some acrylic sealer on them so water won't make them sticky.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Becky--don't sell your self short--Supplies-Time to make them-Add postage.
$5 may be a fair price--I just don't know.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Becky,
I would like one of the green bracelets, and one of the bird bracelets. Please pm me with address so I can send payment. I'm also going to check around and see if I can find you some more beads to use. There's a bead shop a few towns down, I think it's www.caravanbead.com (I'll check for sure with owner when I see her again)
Daryl

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep :) It would be much easier if I had paypal though. A [ex]friend of my dad's screwed up his paypal account, so we're working on getting it fixed. Once it is, online selling will be much easier since the majority of ebay users pay with it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts