Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday and today I let my birds out to loft fly. In the flock is one of my cock birds that I just put there from the breeder section. He has raised two rounds and the last two young are in with the other young birds. I let him out with the others and he would fly around for about five min. and then land on the loft. He has done it yesterday and today. The other birds stay gone for about 30 to 40 min. He used to be one of those that would fly with the others and return with them. Could it be because he has put some weight on from having feed 24/7 for the babys and he is just out of shape?:confused:

George

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Yesterday and today I let my birds out to loft fly. In the flock is one of my cock birds that I just put there from the breeder section. He has raised two rounds and the last two young are in with the other young birds. I let him out with the others and he would fly around for about five min. and then land on the loft. He has done it yesterday and today. The other birds stay gone for about 30 to 40 min. He used to be one of those that would fly with the others and return with them. Could it be because he has put some weight on from having feed 24/7 for the babys and he is just out of shape?:confused:

George
That would be my first guess George. You try sitting on the couch eating all you want when you want for 2 months, then go run around the block.......LOL
Just let him get his wings back under him for a week or so and he'll be fine I bet. He's the only "breeder" that's over there? The rest have been flying?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is the first of the breeders (twins) that I have taken from the breeder loft and put him with the other birds. I still have one more pair that are on eggs (grizzles) and also another pair (BooBoo and his mate)feeding young pair.

George

·
Registered
393 Posts
Agree with "lovebird".There are athelete's and couch potato's. just like people.
I would not dismiss him for being a little slow to get off the mark.If you want him to perform like a race bird,treat him like a race bird.
If he's a breeder, treat him like a breeder.Who are often overwight and sluggish.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I have observed the same at my loft. Breeders don't fly too long. They want close to their box. Obviously they are fat, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts