Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2014,I added the 7th place IF convention race bird to my stock loft...A super Janssen hen...

In 2015,I just added a RCC Janssen, that all four of it`s grandparents are direct from the Janssen Bros...Both grand dam`s are one in the same,so this pigeon is a little inbred....

What have you added to your stock loft recently ???......Alamo

·
Registered
219 Posts
I added 6 new birds to my stock loft. my most pride is a Janssen hen. father is Janssen mother is Janssen. Grand parents are also Janssens for the cock money talks. h- lace
and for the grand mother 48 place in the 2011 A.U. convention race. and the 49th place in the same race. thanks for asking. still waiting on papers for the others.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
May bring back a hen off my futurity winner that raced in ABQ. She was 5th points bird in the club and had a 8th, 10th, 33rd, and 45th finish. Finished the 300 and 400 race. At this point I am not bringing in outside blood. Also limiting my new birds to only birds with proven race records. It has taken me 11 years to get my family where they are.
I do like that you guys are only bringing in proven race birds. The key here is that if they do not click with your family being able to send them down the road. Sometimes that is hard when you spend good money on a proven race bird.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have a few new birds this year . A new cock from Mardis , grand kid of 990 crossed to Dreamer , his brother a great racing bird for Mardis. Two hens from Rick Nanez , also inbred 990 and Jade and the other hen is 1/2 brother /sister mating Dreamer Blood. Also I picked up a grandson of Tarzan which is also 1/2 brother/sister mating. Tarzan of course that is Janssen and his brother is a super breeder with 7 money winners including 19th place in the 2014 AU race.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think auction fever got me I picked up 2 birds from the Snow Fest auction and then stopped and got 3 hens from Mosher loft.
Dave
Can you keep me posted with Mosher's Fabry line after you breed them this season? I will be needing a Fabry to open a pedigree, preferably performance based with a strong family. These in breedings without testing concerns me.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Can you keep me posted with Mosher's Fabry line after you breed them this season? I will be needing a Fabry to open a pedigree, preferably performance based with a strong family. These in breedings without testing concerns me.
I bred out of 2 of his birds last year and they did well but my club was only able to fly out to 200 miles. I hauled them out to 350 on my own but that is not a race so it really don't count. I'll post after this season how they do.
Dave

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I picked up 2 pair at my clubs Flea Market back in November. The grizzles are out of Dr Piaget stuff the brother of the Cock won a 350 mile race but I more or less got them because I liked the color and the price was right. The DC's are HVR's the cocks brother won the LBR race a few years ago and they breed a winner this year. But also with them I got a deal plus I've done well with his HVR's in the past so it was a no brainer to take a shot. They wouldn't have been sold but for the fact seller was done flying due to his health no longer allowed him to care for his birds. Just last week he took a turn for the worse and he has been put into hospice.

He's another one I added to the breeding loft. He was an LBRA bird that fellow PT member South Town Racers sent. He was one of my better flyers this past yb season and his bloodline matches up with a hen that I had that won a race a few years ago. So I'll take a shot in the breeding loft instead of taking the chance of losing him to a hawk in OB's. This pic is from in the summer some time before yb season.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Alamo

I have John Kietas birds.( he passed away a few weeks ago ) I am going to keep some out of respect for his family and his memory. There are about 15 left, anyone want to have a few. NO SHIPPING, you have to come and get them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.