Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 2 birmingham rollers from this guy thats a breeding pair, i have had them in a pen for almost 2 weeks now, they havent started making a nest, but the first day i get them they were mating, and havent seen any more mating behaviour since, is the female pregenant ???? if she is, when will she start to build the nest and lay eggs,??? i have put some hay in there but they havent done anything with it

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
well the hen does not get pregnant, they lay eggs,... because they are new, the stress from moving may delay the development of the eggs/ If you have a true pair male and female they will lay eggs at some point, all you can do is provide a nest box and nest bowl, well stored feed and fresh water daily....some hay or pineneedles so they can build a nest, some do not do such a good job of it others build these big things...and then just wait...that is all you can do.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
how much time do they lay eggs after they have built the nest
well nature does not always work on exact time schedules...but if they are mating , 8 to 10 days after that she should be looking for a place to nest so she can lay eggs....being in a new environment may delay this...so just give them all they need and sit back with a cup of tea and wait...:)

L

·
0 Posts
how old is this pair of birds? its not like you can force them to lay so be patient and soon enuf you will have some eggs if they are a true pair ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts