Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i'm just wondering how come I've seen two pairs of pigeons mate like 7 times already, but theres no eggs in their nest!! I've had pigeons before were they only needed to mate one time and they would have eggs already. :confused:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Are you sure that the pair is male/female? sometimes it happens that the pair is both male/female.
But if you are sure, then no worries, you will have eggs, as the hen will lay when she wants...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Hey i'm just wondering how come I've seen two pairs of pigeons mate like 7 times already, but theres no eggs in their nest!! I've had pigeons before were they only needed to mate one time and they would have eggs already. :confused:
Have they started making their nests ? You can try giving them some pine needles, tobacco sticks, hay etc if its not available for them :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
pigeons do mate more than once. I've seen them mating 5 times in one day and I was just watching them for a few hours. So have some patience please.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
If you have a true pair there should be eggs in about 10 days or so...if they have picked a nest bowl and box of their own they should be laid there.:) hope you have some heat in the loft, hatching babies in the cold months can be tricky as the squab may get cold when the parent birds stop sitting on them after a few weeks. but you can use your fake eggs thur the winter untill spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts