Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK well i currently have 40 pigeons. White homers, Rollers, and a pair or two of Pakistani High flyers (the best here in my region) well i'm making a trip to India in December to meet some relatives. And it just happens that my Mom's cousin, the one we're meeting, is a Indian Pigeon Champ there. He will be more than happy to give me as many pairs of high flyers that i want. Knowing that i won't go into Homers and races for at least a season or two, i'm going to stick to rollers and high flyers. Ok so my problem is, does anyone know how much it will cost to bring let's say...6 pigeons from India to Canada. Let it be on the same plane that i'm going on, or if they ship it to Canada later on? And also, this got me thinking, a guy that lives pretty close to my house, brought pigeons eggs from India. He had them secured so that they didn't break. He brought 8 or 10 eggs, not sure, to Canada. And then he hatched the eggs here. I was thinking...would the eggs spoil or turn rotten or something? Or does the baby pigeon inside start growing only when you start incubating? As an example, pretend i get the eggs today. I leave for my flight in 2 days, it takes a day and a half to get to Canada. And then right when i get to Canada, i start the incubating process. Would this work? So it's approximately like 4 or 5 days once the eggs have been laid. Would they hatch if i incubated them? Sorry for the long questions, but i don't wish to go to India to go sight seeing, where ever i go, i need pigeons, i'm a total addict. lol

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
You better et all this understood between you and Canadian Customs before doing anything...find out from them what's involved.

Otherwise, they'll likely confiscate any Birds or Eggs, destroy them, and fine or fine-and-jail you to boot...

Phil
l v

·
Registered
130 Posts
I doubt you will be able to get 'pigeons' through customs.. animals have to go through quarantine for a think a minimum of 2months. Maybe eggs.....i'm not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts