Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been feeding pigeons in town for a while and only recently seen a pigeon with a broken foot. It looks like it just hangs there and is unable to be used. The Pigeon itself always flies up to me for food, because if I feed him on the ground he doesn't get any food because of the other pigeons. The location is Norway, vest-agder, kristiansand. I want to try and help him, but I can't find any type of animal shelter for birds, and I also don't have money to go to a clinic either... I have thought about taking him home and trying to feed him and make him drink, but I don't know if my family will appreciate it since we have three cats. I also don't know what to do about the broken leg itself, I'm no expert, and I don't want to hurt him more by trying to do something I never have before and have no idea what I'm doing. I need help, desperately...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ideally, find a vet experienced with birds or a wildlife rehab, so they can set the leg as best they can and get him on pain meds. Unfortunately I can’t help you look for anything because I don’t understand Norwegian. Look for local bird ground, on Facebook or something. They might have leads, or there might be someone who knows how to help.

The other option is to catch him and keep him safe for ~3 weeks. You can keep him in a small cage, he doesn’t need to be moving around a lot. He is more likely to be perminantly disabled if you do this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts