Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I was checking on my baby pigeon his leg wasnt moveing and wasnt clamping on my finger. i had this problem befor but Im not sure. And he didnt fall out of the nest.

im gona get some pictures up soon

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not much: i put some in there and not its gone but a little is still there.

brb i gtg eat and ill put some more in.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
It might be a very small case of splay leg. Not an expert on it I don't deal with it very much. Wait for someone that has alittle more splay leg experience under there belt to diagnose. It could be a case of dead leg too. Then you will have some real problems.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes it has been getting grit and ill have to check if we have some

brb

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Probably better get some more Baytril coming. If this bird is roughly 250 grams, then you could give a half-tablet in the morning, and then a half-tablet in the evening. You'd have enough for 11 days.

Pidgey

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Sorry to hear your baby is having some problems, Pigeon Kid.

I would consider all possibilities, since you aren't sure what's going on.

There should always be something in the basket for the babies to grip onto while they are growing. You might want to put a folded wash cloth in the bottom of the basket & then add whatever else you put in there. I use dried pine needles. They work great, if you have access to any.

Please keep us posted on how things are coming along.

Cindy

I'm going to move your thread to the sick & injured forum.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hi Pigeon kid you might want to clean off the poo from his leg and foot also sometimes that tender skin hurts after alot is caked on. If it cakes kind of hard it makes it hardto clamp with and stand on.

Cindy

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Stand back and take a few pictures of the bird so that we can see how he's sitting. Try to get one straight on and another straight from the side.

Pidgey

1 - 20 of 22 Posts